Crete, being the largest island in Greece, has a wide range of supermarkets catering to the needs of both residents and tourists. Here are some popular supermarket chains you can find in Crete:
- Sklavenitis: Sklavenitis is one of the largest supermarket chains in Greece and has multiple branches throughout Crete. They offer a variety of products, including groceries, fresh produce, household items, and more.
- Lidl: Lidl is a well-known discount supermarket chain with several locations in Crete. They offer a range of products at competitive prices, including groceries, household goods, and electronics.
- Carrefour: Carrefour is a popular international supermarket chain with branches in major cities of Crete. They provide a wide selection of products, including food, beverages, personal care items, and household essentials.
- AB Vasilopoulos: AB Vasilopoulos is another prominent supermarket chain in Greece that has a presence in Crete. They offer a comprehensive range of products, including fresh produce, groceries, bakery items, and more.
- Masoutis: Masoutis is a Greek supermarket chain that operates in Crete as well. They offer a variety of products, including groceries, fresh food, household items, and electronics.
- Synka: Inka is a local supermarket chain with several branches in Crete. They provide a wide range of products, including groceries, snacks, drinks, and household essentials.
These are just a few examples of supermarket chains you can find in Crete. Additionally, you’ll also come across smaller independent supermarkets and local markets where you can find fresh produce and regional products.