When renting a car in Chania, Greece, car rental companies typically offer various types of insurance coverage to protect you and the vehicle during your rental period. The specific insurance options and policies may vary between rental companies, so it’s essential to check with the company you plan to rent from for accurate and up-to-date information. However, I can provide you with a general overview of the common insurance options offered by car rental companies in Chania:
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) / Loss Damage Waiver (LDW): This is the most common type of insurance offered by car rental companies. CDW/LDW typically covers the cost of repairs or replacement of the rental vehicle in case of damage or theft. However, it often comes with a deductible amount that you will be responsible for paying.
- Theft Protection (TP): TP covers the loss of the rental vehicle in case it is stolen. Like CDW/LDW, it usually has a deductible that you would need to pay.
- Third-Party Liability Insurance (TPL): TPL provides coverage for damages or injuries caused to third parties in an accident. It is often mandatory and may be included in the rental price. However, the coverage limit may vary, so it’s important to check the specific terms.
- Personal Accident Insurance (PAI): PAI covers medical expenses for you and your passengers in case of an accident. This coverage is optional, and you may already have similar coverage through your personal health insurance or travel insurance.
- Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI): SLI provides additional liability coverage beyond the minimum required by law. It is mainly targeted at international travelers who may not have sufficient liability coverage from their personal policies.
- Personal Effects Coverage: This optional coverage protects your personal belongings in case they are stolen from the rental vehicle. It’s worth noting that some travel insurance policies may already cover this, so check your existing coverage before opting for it.
Remember to carefully review the terms and conditions of the insurance coverage offered by the car rental company. Pay attention to the deductible amounts, exclusions, and any additional fees associated with the insurance options. It’s also advisable to consider purchasing independent travel insurance that may provide more comprehensive coverage for your trip.
We got this informations from Gokissamos Car Rental company located in Chania airport.